by Aurorae Yoga: Offering the Best Yoga Mats
Aurorae yoga knows the importance of not slipping during your yoga practice so that it is an enjoyable experience. Unfortunately, you must learn to care for your yoga mat and it helps to know how to wash your yoga mat. There is a certain amount of resin (oil) that is used to make all yoga mats. This is in all synthetic materials and you will even get in most natural rubbers. When you perspire it will activate the resin and bring it to the top of the mat creating a slipping issue. Aurorae yoga advises you to wash your mat to help expedite the aging process, which will eventually eliminate most of the resin similar to a pair of jeans. When you purchase a pair of jeans, they are very stiff in its natural state and we spend a lot of money for all these expensive washing processes to soften and make the jeans more comfortable. The same thing happens with the yoga mat. The more you use it, the less slippery the yoga mat will get.
Aurorae yoga mats are ready to use upon receiving in the mail and many users do not have to wash their mat upon receiving. You will find our yoga mats have virtually no odor, but if you find yourself slipping here are some yoga tips that may help you break in your yoga mat.
1. Wash your hands with soap and water before using your yoga mat to reduce any natural oils in your hands so that they aren't transferred to the yoga mat.
2. Do not use creams or oils on your hands or feet before your yoga practice to keep your yoga mat clean.
3. Wash your yoga mat with a soft brush and a tablespoon of dish washing liquid or detergent mixed with warm water, then rinse. Repeat if necessary.
4. Hang dry your yoga mat outside in the sun if possible. Under no circumstance should you put your yoga mat in the dryer!
5. To keep your yoga mat fresh and clean, use the Aurorae yoga all-natural organic yoga mat wash. Use to naturally clean your yoga mat while also giving it a fresh natural scent. Use as needed.
6. Always keep a cotton towel next to your yoga mat to wipe away any perspiration.
7. If necessary use an Aurorae Yoga Slip Free Rosin Bag to absorb any perspiration and increase gripping power on your yoga mat.