Day 6 Yoga Pose: Warrior II (Virabhadrasana II)
From your Warrior I pose, open your arms out and bring the right arm in front of you and the left arm behind. Now open your left hip back and keep your right knee bent and your right thigh parallel to the floor. From here, draw your belly in slightly and make sure that your shoulders are directly over the hips. Now reach out through both finger tips as high as you can and gaze forward over your right hand. Now engage the triceps to support your arms and your quads to support your legs. Repeat on the left side.
What are the benefits of the Warrior II pose?
- It strengthens your legs and arms
- It opens up your chest and shoulders
- It tones your abdominal muscles
- It increases your stamina
- It creates improved strength in your legs and ankles
- It is therapeutic for flat feet, sciatica, backaches and osteoperosis