From Mountain pose, shift your weight onto your left leg and bring your right heel up to the left inner thigh, or somewhere above your knee, with the bottom of your foot against your inner thight. Your body will look like a number four. Make sure that your toes are pointing to the floor. Place your palms together in Namaste (prayer position) and lift up through the core of your body. Let your bent leg feel like a heavy branch as your release your hip. Breathe deeply and hold for several breaths. You can bring your hands up if you are balanced and reach up towards the sky and looking up at your hands. Switch to the other side.
What are the benefits of the Tree Pose?
- It increases balance, focus, memory and concentration
- It strengthens your ankles and knees
- It exercises your chest, groin, thighs and shoulders
- It is great for helping sciatica and flat feet
- It builds up muscles in your calves, spine and thighs
For product descriptions on the Aurorae yoga accessories such as the yoga block and yoga strap, you can visit our website. Free shipping when you spend $25 or more.
If you ever have any questions, please reach out to Aurorae.
Remember, "It's Your Yoga."
Relax, Enjoy and Namaste